Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tru Body Fat Calculator



So it was interesting I was talking with my neighbor about weight lifting and bodybuilding (as he was the one who originally got me into weight lifting). As most of you already know, Body Fat scales and Calipers can be wildly inaccurate and hydrostatic weighing tanks are not readily available. So the Navy did some research a while back and found that if you have your height, weight, and measure the circumference of your waist and neck there is an equation to give you your body fat level to the accuracy of +/- 1%. I got my personal training license a while back and I learned to use the caliper for measuring a clients body fat. It was annoying because it took a lot of time and wasn't that accurate.

I also didn't carry a calculator, pen, and a pad to figure out the formula every time a client needed the body fat found out. So I was talking with my neighbor and he brought this up and how he had a calculator made specifically with the formula and a prompt to enter each calculation in. It got better because he also had a tape measure that snaps to your body and a nice little carrying bag. He gave one to me and said try it out. So I did for a few days, and all I can say is I love it! It makes measuring easy!

When me and my friends go to the gym and brag about this and that I say hold on a minute lets see if you really are 8% body fat.....turns out most people aren't what they say they are. For $20 its a must have as a gym essential. If you like to see how much progress you have been making, if you are a competitive body builder, or a personal trainer this $20 item will go along way.

Its also well built in a convent travel case, easy to follow steps, and an all in one package! I am going to get bodybuilding to try and carry these...I think it would sell well, please guys let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment